Wednesday, March 4, 2009

scripture challange - peace


The word for the week was Peace --


And with the world in the current state that it is in alot of things came to mind to me on this one I found alot of verses that I truly liked to go with it and included all of them on my page this time in one fashion or another , And I do hope one day that we will all live in a world that is full of Peace and Love , one of the verses that I chose this time really stood out and reminds me that even tho we cant change every body and cant make everybody be at Peace it starts with just one person ,

2 Thessalonians 3-16May the Master of Peace himself give you the gift of getting along with each other at all times, in all ways. May the Master be truly among you!

Psalms 29- 11 God makes his people strong. God gives his people peace.

Isaiah 26-11-15You hold your hand up high, God, but they don't see it.Open their eyes to what you do, to see your zealous love for your people.Shame them. Light a fire under them. Get the attention of these enemies of yours.God, order a peaceful and whole life for us because everything we've done, you've done for us.O God, our God, we've had other masters rule us, but you're the only Master we've ever known.The dead don't talk, ghosts don't walk,Because you've said, "Enough—that's all for you," and wiped them off the books.But the living you make larger than life. The more life you give, the more glory you display, and stretch the borders to accommodate more living!

Psalm 34 - 14 Turn your back on sin; do something good. Embrace peace—don't let it get away!

Out of the 8 I chose to list these are the 4 that stood out to me the most I also feel that the song by Brandon Heath Gimmie Your Eyes is another great example of Gods amazing works and praise through song this song talks about having the chance to see the world through Gods eyes and what a amazing thing i feel that would be I do hope one day that we can all live in a world where every one is in peace with one another and isn't so fast to judge or jump down another , that we can all be Happy and live with the Harmony and Peace that God intended for us all to be in, the world sad ens me so much sometimes but it does all start with one ! and we can move like a wildfire and spread the Peace and the word of God to everyone we meet !

I hope that you have a blessed and wonderful day and thanks for stopping by to check out my page ! God Bless

Make sure you check out Christina and Bridgetts pages also and see what they feel about the word for the week to ! Tonya will also be doing this challenge with us and shes doing a different spin on it and doing them as scrapbook pages using the pictures of her M2M group from Ohio so make sure you check out her blog also and see what she did

~A~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YOu picked some good verses on there. PEACE AMBER PEACE!

Shelly Koskinen said...

Thanks for sharing. I like the verses that you chose.