Friday, May 1, 2009

Listen -- Scripture Challange Page (this ones long )

Ive got to start this post out with a song ! The song is by Brandon Heath and its called Wait and See !


Lyrics:I was born in Tennessee Late July humidity Doctor said I was lucky to be alive I’ve been trouble since the day that I got here Trouble till the day that I disappear That’ll be the day that I finally get it right There is hope for me yet Because God won’t forget All the plans he’s made for me I have to wait and see He’s not finished with me yet I never really was that good in school I talked too much, broke the rules Teacher thought I was hopeless fool alright I don’t know how but I made it through It’s one of those things that you’ve gotta do But I always had a knack for telling the truth


Chorus Still wondering why I’m here Still wrestling with my fear But oh, He’s up to something And the farther on I go I’ve seen enough to know That I’m, not here for nothing He’s up to something So now’s my time to be a man Follow my heart as far as I can No telling where I’m ending up tonight I never slow down or so it seems But singing my heart it’s one of my dreams All I gotta do is hold on tight






Very good song and a reminder to us that we are all a work and process that we have to Listen to God to learn about his purpose for us and that he will guide us Gods not finished with us yet we are always set to learn something and understand something new I feel honestly every day that Life is a lesson unto God and that by listening to him he will guide us where we need to be

Here are the verses that God to me for this word And as there was no way to write out every one of these and put them on the page alot of them have the book and passages wrote down so i can get back and reread them but I do want to share them with you , The book of Deuteronomy touched me alot with this word so alot of my verses are from that book

I truly love this verse as to me its speaks volumes and very loud ones to me at that

Deuteronomy 4:29-But even there, if you seek God, your God, you'll be able to find him if you're serious, looking for him with your whole heart and soul. When troubles come and all these awful things happen to you, in future days you will come back to God, your God, and listen obediently to what he says. God, your God, is above all a compassionate God. In the end he will not abandon you, he won't bring you to ruin, he won't forget the covenant with your ancestors which he swore to them.

Deuteronomy 11:13-From now on if you listen obediently to the commandments that I am commanding you today, love God, your God, and serve him with everything you have within you, he'll take charge of sending the rain at the right time, both autumn and spring rains, so that you'll be able to harvest your grain, your grapes, your olives. He'll make sure there's plenty of grass for your animals. You'll have plenty to eat.


Deuteronomy 12:28-Be vigilant, listen obediently to these words that I command you so that you'll have a good life, you and your children, for a long, long time, doing what is good and right in the eyes of God, your God.

Job 22:26-"You'll take delight in God, the Mighty One, and look to him joyfully, boldly. You'll pray to him and he'll listen; he'll help you do what you've promised. You'll decide what you want and it will happen; your life will be bathed in light. To those who feel low you'll say, 'Chin up! Be brave!' and God will save them. Yes, even the guilty will escape, escape through God's grace in your life."

Proverbs 4:20-[ Learn It by Heart ] Dear friend, listen well to my words; tune your ears to my voice. Keep my message in plain view at all times. Concentrate! Learn it by heart! Those who discover these words live, really live; body and soul, they're bursting with health.

Proverbs 8:32-"So, my dear friends, listen carefully; those who embrace these my ways are most blessed. Mark a life of discipline and live wisely; don't squander your precious life. Blessed the man, blessed the woman, who listens to me, awake and ready for me each morning, alert and responsive as I start my day's work. When you find me, you find life, real life, to say nothing of God's good pleasure. But if you wrong me, you damage your very soul; when you reject me, you're flirting with death

Jeremiah 29:12"-When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen.

What else could possibly need to be said after that verse there ! When we call his name and pray to him Hes there HE WILL LISTEN

My journaling for the page reads

It is so important to stop and listen to all of the amazing things God talks about to us in our every day lives Listen he Does

I really got alot out of this word and I hope that you enjoyed reading my take on it as well ! Have a Blessed Day and Thanks for stoping by
~A~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great verses. I like the lesson that everyday there is something new we need to find through Him. Very encouraging.