Wednesday, February 25, 2009

50th Post , Scripture Page-Change , Weekly Update Yup its gonna be a long one get ready :)

CAUTION ~~(disclaimer here ) Okay first of all are ya comfy in your chair ? If not my suggestion is get that way cause I'm Not sure as to how long this ones gonna get ! I'm on a ramble roll today so consider your self warned !


Here we go this is my 50Th post on my lovely little blog here cool huh ! I know its a small number but its alot for me right now 50 seems to be a big number in my eyes and I will get to that in a second , I was hesitant on doing the whole blog thing to begin with but I'm finding its been a amazing outlet in the process of finding me and is a awesome way to share my work and get honest feedback from people ...some times that means alot to know what others think about your work outside of the normal everyday people you talk to and share it with ! so with that said Thank you to everybody that stops by and leaves love on the page after the post that I post ! Your comments do mean alot and don't go unappreciated !

Now as I stated about this has been a awesome tool in finding me ! And I know that when this journey is done and I go back and read through the post I will be shocked at the changes that unfolded for me to become the person I'm searching to become , but i know ill be grateful and so thankful that I had posted everything like I have to have the account to go back and see it ,

As you may or may not know , I am pushing 30 April seems to be coming alot faster then I had planned for it to come now don't get me wrong turning 30 don't freak me out or bother me I am really OK with the fact that I'm turning 30 what was however bothering me in a bad way was 2 things my weight and my faith and they are 2 things that were seriously bothering me and that I wanted to Change ( theres that word again ) before my birthday , now i know that I wont have meet both my original goals by my birthday because as I've come down this road over the last few months Ive come to realize that Change happens slowly and not all at once and that's not such a bad thing I decided when we moved out here to Caledonia in June last year that it was time for a new Amber a better Amber , moving back to Ms to me has meant facing alot of demons and dark parts of my life that I have tried so hard to run away from over the last 10 yrs ! But I'm finding that Change while scary as hell is needed and its not such a bad thing , I finally started putting my plan in motion the end of July beginning of Aug of 2008 I started exercising on a regular basis and changing the way that not only I ate but the way we ate as a family and tho its been a very long battle so far my original goal was to lose about 100 lbs because i want to be a healthier sexy wife and mother who will be here for my kids and my husband , And ill be able to be active and do things with them in our everyday life plus i know that Ill be alot happier with me , And while this has been going on I'm learning as I go and I'm enjoying working to make a better me , Now so far sense July of 2008 I have lost 47 lbs I am 2 lbs away from 50 lbs which is half way to my Goal ! So that's where the number 50 is coming into play with me right now and I am deteremed by my birthday to hit that 2 lbs and hopefully beat it and be down to 200 lbs by my birthday if that's the case i will have lost 75 lbs total ! So wish me luck I'm 20 lbs away right now from my new bday goal . I ve got to get some pictures i have a few people asking for some new ones Ill get them soon I promise ! Now onto the faith part of the journey ! I have always believed in God that was never a question , But I needed to find God and make him a known presence in my life because as I am learning with God All things are possible and to know God is amazing and I'm learning so much about my self and what I want as a mother and wife , This journey has taught me alot and I know I'm not done yet that I am still a work in process and that is OK . Because I'm making a better me ! A Me that I can be proud of ! And I want to thank my husband and family and friends that have stood by me during all this CHANGE because with out them I know this would have been so much harder to do and I am blessed to have them in my lives I thank God daily for bringing each of them into my life for the reasons he did ! I know they all make me a part of who and what I am

Our word last week was CHANGE and that word scared the tar outta me for so very long , And I have to be honest that when I think Change I think of Self Change or the changes around us like in the seasons the flowers blooming in spring time new life and then the changes in Fall and Winter and Summer but in reading the bible that wasn't the way it come across to me I think we all had a challenging time with this word this week and I am glad that we ended up with 2 weeks to do it because it took me that long to understand it Christina hit it right God is the only perfect person , and we have to Change regardless to become better Christians , wives mothers , daughters , friends etc , and in making that Change we become more like the examples that we should be for Christ , He made us to Change and forgives us for our sins that we make because we aren't made perfect , were made to grow and learn and become a person that not only our selves can be proud of but that God will also be proud of too ..

I have 3 verses i used on my page ! One Christina pointed out to me and it makes so much sense and I too felt i needed to use it on mine ! the first is


1. Matthew 18 -3 And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven


2. 2 Corinthians 3- And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit


3. James 1-17Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created
Make sure you Check out Christina and Bridgetts blogs also for there takes on the word change I know this one was one we all had a time with ! But I am so glad and so grateful that we are doing this its been such a blessing to do this with both of them !
I also wanted to thank everybody for the get well wishes last week I think I'm about over this mess finally am working on getting the house cleaned up so I can play with all the new stamps I've gotten in sense the first of the year and maybe get started on my Tn album --- mojo is slowly coming back !
Well Ive rambled enough if you've made it this far Well I thank ya ! And i hope that you have a blessed and wonderful day !
~A~

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You know I am rooting for you even if I can't get myself together. LOL Glad you liked my Mathew scripture..it really did put the word in prospective.

~T~ said...

Girl, you are starting to take after me with this "long-windedness", but I don't mind. I know I've told you and I will continue to tell, I am so PROUD of you! You are doing an amazing job. You've been doing some major soul searching and I believe you finally know what you want in and out of life and that you are constantly learning how to achieve that. I am very PROUD of you for starting to take better care of yourself, I've worried about you in that aspect for a long time, and now I know you're on the right track! You'll hit that 50 mark, you and I both know it, and probably more. I know how hard you've been working and I know how rewarding it's been for you. I am also extremely PROUD of you for deeping your relationship with Christ! You may not reach your original goals by 30, but Amber - look at all you have reached! You should be PROUD of yourself and if I were there I'd give you a GIANT hug! Happy 50th Post!!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}
Tonya

Bridgett Owens said...

Hey! I am glad to read your post for this week. I didn't struggle with this word at all. My only problem was finding the time to post it. It's a little late in the day but it is up. I did hold myself back because there were so many things I could have said about "CHANGE" but mostly I am just excited about the CHANGE God has in store for those who love Him!
Hugs,
Bridgett

jason willingham said...

Baby you dont know how much you have changed over the few years. You are just now seeing the change in yourself that i have seen coming in the last few years. Yes christ is becoming a bigger part of our lives but he has always been there. He was there listening to both of us while we were fighting for the boys. he help us get threw the trying times when we were fighting the for the boys. He was there to comfort both of us when we had the miscaraige. He was there when you go burned, he answered my prayes that you didnt have any scares from it i knew how much that would have hurt your self esteem and we were working so hard on it at that time.
He helped us get our first house together. He took care of us when i lost my job and they were hard to find. He show you that we needed to move away from florida and open my eyes that we need the change to help us work on our family and our beliefs. He directed us in moving again to Ms so that we could face our demons together so that we would become a better family together. He has shown his light, his greatness, and his love for our family the entire time. And now we are moving forward together as a family in returning that to him.

I am greatful for this change in our life. I may not always act like or tell you so but i am very proud of you. I have always though and told you that you are a very beatiful woman and that i will always stand beside you.and i am greatful that you have made it to you half way point of your goal adn will be there to help you and encourge you to get all the way threw it.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH

Kathy W said...

very inspirational, keep up the good work